. . . the making of XC FS racing machine - STEREO . . .



PROBLEMS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last week, when I started to make the assembly drawings, it appeared that I did not have 100mm of rear wheel travel but only 83mm. I am not sure where did this mistake came in, but... Anyway when I started to fix the problem it appeared that it was almost impossible as the seat stays or rocker arm kept hitting the frame. As this wasn't enough it seemed that the shock wouldn't fit in the rocker arm...

Solution: I totally redesigned the rocker arm and changed the length of the seat stays. And the result was 100mm as promised. Also as I was re-making lot of things, I also changed the bearings to a smaller dimensions to save material and weight.
I know the new rocker arm is not even half as beautiful as the previous one, but it is almost 2 times lighter and 4 times as easy to manufacture (not to mention a lot cheaper)!


0 Responses to “PROBLEMS”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Skype Me™!

Previous posts

Archives

Links


RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!